Spag Bol

This is my version of that honoured student dish, Spaghetti Bolognese. Quantities give enough to feed 4 for a meal. I usually end up saving half for the next day.

I used to cook it in an oven, I've adapted it for a Ninja Multi-cooker and this is the method I describe here

Ingredients


500g Mince - beef or lamb
250g Sausage meat
Seasoning (Herbs, Salt and pepper etc)
Tomato paste
Wine
Onions
Carrots
1 Can Tomatoes
Tomato Paste
Olive oil

Pasta
Parmesan Cheese

Method

1. Defrost the meat if you have to, I usually leave it overnight
Once defrosted, stir the mince, the sausage meat and the seasoning together
I use a Sainsbury's Italian Dried Herb mixture plus whatever is in the herbs and spices drawer: onion salt, garlic pepper, garlic salt. A good grind of salt and pepper as well
 
Leave to let the flavours mix
 
2. Chop finely one large onion and one large carrot
Heat the olive  oil in the ninja on sear mode, add a little salt
When the salt begins to sizzle, add the chopped onions and carrots. 
Cook until softened

3. Add the meat, mix it until it's cooked. It should look greyish all the way through

4. Add tin of tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, maybe some water, salt and pepper. Not too much liquid, enough to stop the ninja complaining. If you want, add fresh tomatoes and herbs

5. Stop the sear process, close the lid and pressure seal. My ninja has a horizontal lever, consult your manual. I usually put it on quick release, and select 45minutes for the pressure cooker

6. Let it rip

7. At about 30minutes, I do the pasta and cheese

8. Add salt and pepper to taste

9. Serve

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goulash sort of